Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Comic Book Examples

My main approach from the beginning of this program has been to make a graphic novel that is fun and interesting with some humor and heart. Here are 3 examples that I am working on emulating. We'll see how close I come this semester.

Bone is my most direct influence. I especially like the use of the comic panel and word balloons for comedic timing. I'll see how close my story ends up being like Jeff Smith's.

Dragonball is a Japanese comic by Akira Toriyama. It ends up being a huge fighting thing with lots of screaming and fireball shooting. But it starts out as an adventure comic that is very much in the mood and vein that I want to work.

Scott Pilgrim has awesome dialogue. The element of fun is really nice and something I want in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment